13) There are some guys on Tandem who are only trying to pick up girls. [meet, bring home for sex]
14) He was picked up by the police. They questioned him for hours. [found and taken to the police station]
15) Marion picked up some food on her way home. [got some food]
16) My mother is a great cook. Everything I know about cooking I picked up from her. [learned]
17) Where did you get that terrible cold?
I must have picked it up at work. Everyone there is coughing and sneezing. [got]
18) He fell down at the beginning of the race, but he picked himself up and kept on running. [stood up]
19) My dog has a keen sense of smell. He can pick up the scent of an animal and track it all day. [find and recognize]
20) Where did you pick up that strange idea? [get]
21) What time should I pick you up?
6:30 pm. I’ll be waiting in front of the hotel.
22) Can you pick up this suitcase?
No! Is it full of books?
Not books—gold bars.
Yeah, and I’m the Queen of England.
23) Where did you learn Spanish?
I picked it up when I was living in Colombia.
24) How’s business?
Terrible. I hope it picks up soon or we’re finished.
25) What a mess! Can I help you pick up the toys?
That would be wonderful. Thanks.
26) What should we have for dinner tonight?
I don’t know. I’ll pick something up on my way home.
27) Are you sick? You look terrible.
I think I picked up a cold at work.
Money & Marketing from Celeb Marketing Guru & Social Media Expert
Listen on: Apple Podcasts
Intro & Outro Music: La Pompe Du Trompe by Shane Ivers - https://www.silvermansound.com
You can now support my podcasts and classes: