Let’s practice with short sentences using “would+like”. Note in normal speech, “I would” is shortened to “I’d”, "she would" becomes "she'd", etc.
1) I’d like to visit New York some day.
2) I’d like to eat lunch soon.
3) I’d like to learn French.
4) I’d like something to drink.
5) I’d like to be rich, but I’d settle for well-off.
6) I’d like to go home now.
7) I’d like to watch a different movie.
8) I’d like to take a nap. I’m tired.
9) I’d like more time to think about it.
10) I’d like to move to a bigger house.
11) She’d like to study mechanical engineering.
12) She’d like to be a doctor.
13) He’d like to travel in Europe.
14) He’d like to get a job in the US.
15) We’d like to live closer to our children.
16) They’d like to visit us next summer.
17) They’d like to go to the beach tomorrow.
18) We’d like to eat Italian food this evening.
19) She’d like to learn to swim.
20) He’d like to speak fluent German.
21) What would you like for dinner?
22) Where would Susan like to go?
23) Which museum would you like to visit first?
24) When would you like to play football?
25) Who would you like to invite to your party?
26) Why would you like to work for our company?
27) Why would you like to be rich?
28) Where would you like to live?
29) Would you like to go dancing tonight?
30) Would I like to get a new job? You bet I would!
Intro & Outro Music: La Pompe Du Trompe by Shane Ivers - https://www.silvermansound.comSupport the show
You can now support my podcasts and classes:
Help Barry pay for podcast expenses--thank you!