In this podcast we’ll practice two vowel sounds: the “uh” sound in “cup” and the “ah” sound in “cop”. A cop is a policeman. The cop is holding a cup.
1. I climbed into a hot truck.
2. My father bothers me about dumb stuff.
3. I have a bug in a cup.
4. The cop stopped and dropped his mop.
5. The mobster was a thug.
6. I dropped a mug of coffee on the rug.
7. We should stop drinking soda pop.
8. I don't think that's possible, so stop asking.
9. What are my options?
10. Give me an onion.
11. The Arizona desert is rough country.
12. Do as he says, not as he does.
13. Please don’t bother your father right now. He’s busy.
14. I can’t find the big pot. Have you got it?
15. A fluffy cat walked up the street.
16. Your grandfather is upstairs. I think he’s working on his memoirs.
17. Ouch! I hit my thumb with a hammer!
18. When you flub something, you make a mess of it. For example, you can say “The actor flubbed his lines in the play.”
19. That fashion model has a very thin body. In fact she’s emaciated!
20. Marion got a new job at the hospital.
Intro & Outro Music: La Pompe Du Trompe by Shane Ivers - https://www.silvermansound.comSupport the show
You can now support my podcasts and classes:
Help Barry pay for podcast expenses--thank you!